Mission of PA-AIMH
PA-AIMH is a non-profit professional organization that has been organized to promote optimal infant and early childhood mental health by way of supporting professionals who work with or on behalf of infants, young children and their families in the following ways:
- to promote, throughout Pennsylvania, the healthy social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development through supportive and nurturing relationships, for children from conception through five years of age;
- to facilitate interdisciplinary cooperation among individuals concerned with promoting conditions that will bring about the optimal development of infants and infant-caregiver relationships;
- to encourage the realization that infancy is a sensitive period in the psychosocial development of individuals;
- to promote education, research, and study of the effects of mental development during infancy on later normal and psychopathological development;
- to promote education, research and study of the mental health of the parents, families and other caregivers of infants; and
- to promote the development of scientifically based and/or informed programs of care, intervention, and prevention of mental impairment in infancy.