- Membership in PA-AIMH or another IMH association
- Training/Education as specified and related to infants, toddlers, parents, other caregivers and families
- Experience working with infants, toddlers, parents, other caregivers and families as specified at the desired level
Requirements of the Infant Mental Health Endorsement®
The endorsement process is a workforce development system that identifies education, training, work experiences and reflective practice requirements at four categories of competency. It is important to note that the categories are not viewed as a hierarchy, but related to the role that a professional may have in the systems that support young children and their families. Please reference "At-A-Glance" chart located on the Endorsement home page for an overview of the requirements for each category.
- Category 1 – Infant Family Associate (i.e. early care and education providers)
- Category 2 – Infant Family Specialist (i.e. family support workers, early intervention)
- Category 3 – Infant Mental Health Specialist (i.e. mental health counselor, medical doctor)
- Category 4 – Infant Mental Health Mentor (i.e. policy director, clinician, reflective supervisor, researcher)
Reflective Supervision/Consultation is a cornerstone when working with infants, toddlers and their families. Reflective Supervision is a requirement for the Infant Family Specialist, Infant Mental Health Specialist, and Infant Mental Health Mentor – Clinical Endorsement and will be a part of your application/portfolio. While not a requirement for Infant Family Associate, Infant Mental Health Mentor-Policy, or Infant Mental Health Mentor-Research/Faculty, it is in the best interest of all practitioners who promote IMH, as well as the children and families who will benefit from their services, to engage in reflective practices and reflective supervision/consultation.
Reflective Supervision/Consultation Resources
Please see the resources below regarding Reflective Supervision/Consultation. PA-AIMH is currently in a capacity building phase with regard to Reflective Supervision/Consultation. Please contact us for more information or with questions related to the type of supervision you may be receiving and how to determine if those hours can be captured as part of your future application for Endorsement.